Monday Musings: What I’ve Learned About Blogging (So Far)…
Now that the Crusade is over, time to wrap up what I’ve learned about literary blogging from the experience.
In my not-so-humble opinion, the keys to having a successful literary blog are:
- Have a positive attitude: no one likes a grumpy bulldog
- Follow lots and lots of blogs and make innocuous comments on them: sure you probably didn’t read the entry, but it’s the thought that counts and maybe they’ll make a meaningless comment on your blog!
- Outsource ideas: coming up with ideas is hard, so let some Blogfest do it or just regurgitate some agent/editor’s advice!
- Giveaways! Because people like free shit.
- Tweet constantly about your blog and all the other blogs you follow.
- Decorate your blog like a 10-year-old girl’s bedroom: lots of pink, purple, unicorns, rainbows, etc will make your blog look fun!
Which all leads up to my final point:
- Have a vagina! Seriously, I’ll bet 90% of book bloggers are women.
Bonus blogging tip:
- Don’t be the kind of prick who insults his readers.
There you go, grasshopper, my secrets to Blogging success! Follow these rules and you too can have a blog with a lot of followers. Unless you have a penis. Then either get a sex change or you’re fucked.
Wednesday I continue my plan for global Blogging domination…